Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Question about: "Spanish to English translate" ; Can you help me?

Hi, I'm Brandon, I'm studying English since January, and I would like learning this language at 100%. I speak Spanish, because it is my native language.



And now, I have a question for you :



In Spanish, we use a phrase : "tener ganas de algo" ; for example:



Tengo ganas de jugar.

Tengo ganas de darte un beso.

Tengo ganas de comerme un helado.



I have been searching this phrase translated to English, but I have not been able to find it. Can you help me?



In short, excuse me for my mistakes, I try to check the spelling.



Little Greetings.Question about: "Spanish to English translate" ; Can you help me?
I feel like, I agree



I feel like playing

I feel like kissing you

I feel like eating some ice-cream



"want" would be "quiero" and "would like", "me gustar铆a"

just a comment about miztery's answer...it's not that English uses present progressive (as you can see there is no auxiliary be so it is not a verb tense)...rather you would say English uses a present participle or gerund whereas Spanish uses an infinitive...this because the word "like" which can be both a verb or a preposition in this case is acting as a preposition...in English, after a preposition you must use -ing
you're welcome...just FYI...I am actually a woman...never mind

Report Abuse

Question about: "Spanish to English translate" ; Can you help me?
"i feel like"Question about: "Spanish to English translate" ; Can you help me?
"i want to "



or



"i feel like"
I have desire to play. I have desire of darte a kiss. I have desire to eat an ice cream to me. that what it means. I think?
"I would like" ; I would like to eat an ice cream
It means I want something. I want to play. I want to give you a kiss. I want to eat me an ice cream. lol
Hi!! Hola...the phrase would be: to feel like ... I feel like playing. I feel like giving you a kiss. I feel like eating an ice cream. Suerte... no se dice little greetings ( si queres decir saluditos ) dirias bye bye ... :0)
Hey Brandon,



I would say that "tener ganas de algo" means " to feel like doing something".



So "tengo ganas de jugar" would be the same as saying " I feel like playing". "Tengo ganas de darte un beso", I feel like giving you a kiss" and so on.



Hope this helps. Ciao!
in English, we say "I feel like doing something" or "I am willing to do something"



example..



tengo ganas de jugar-I feel like playing

tengo ganas de darte un beso-I feel like giving you a kiss

tengo ganas de comerme un helado-I feel like eating an icecream



English is different because after we say



"I feel like" we use the present progressive of the verb (ending in -ing) whereas in Spanish, you all use the infinitive (hablar, comer etc.)



I hope this helps!
Yes, the previous answers are correct, but I just checked my dictionary. It says "feel like" or "want to" so your sentences are:

I feel like playing/I want to play

I feel like giving you a kiss/I want to give you a kiss

I feel like eating an ice cream/I want to eat an ice cream
Hola Brandon! Estoy estudiando espa帽ol en la universidad.

Tengo ganas de...= I want to or I wish...



por ejemplo:

Tengo ganas de jugar: I want to play

Tengo ganas de darte un beso: I wish to give you a kiss.

Tengo ganas de comerme un helado: I want to eat ice cream.





I hope this helps you!
Ganar ~ desire, want, like.

En Ingles, no decimos "tengo %26lt;verbo%26gt;", decimos "Quiero %26lt;verbo%26gt;", o "Deseo %26lt;verbo%26gt;",

por ejemplo; Tengo Ganas de jugar=I want to play (Quiero jugar).

Tengo ganas de darte un beso=I would like to kiss you (me gustaria besarte).

Tengo ganas de comerme un helado=I want to eat an icecream.(quiero comer un helado)



Espero que teayudo!
It麓s like saying . I feel like

I feel like a game

I feel like giving you a kiss

I feel like eating an ice cream.

Which I think is a good idea, Do you want one?
Hopalong is right. It would be saying, "I feel like *playing football.*" or "I have feelings of *playing football*" but the second sentence would be closer to a direct translation, but would sound awkward to say, but not incorrect. "I feel like" as Hopalong said would be more useful.
pues yo soy inglesa y pero vivo en espa帽avine aqui a los 9 a帽os y se ablar el espa帽ol muy bien.aber pues yo si fuera a decir eso se podria decir: I want to... or I feel like...

ya se que :I want to... es "yo quiero" pero tambien se puede utilizar como tengo ganas de... pero mejor es :I feel like...

por e.g: I want to play

I want to kiss you

I feel like eating an ice-cream

Espero que te haya ayudado y lo siento por enrollarme tanto.jeje!

Oye si tu as escirto lo eso de antes esta muy bien por solo estar estudiandolo 4 meses!
thats great!

I've been taking spanish for 3 years!

Thats cool that you're learning the English language!



what you're trying to say is "I feel like"



buena suerte
Hola,



Pienso que 'tener ganas' en ingles esta 'to have desire'



por ejemplo,



Tengo ganas de jugar = I have desire to play



Sin embargo, esta expresion no usa normalmente en ingles. Puedes pero esta mejor usar 'want' (querer) para a expresion deseo por algo.



por ejemplo



I want to play

You want to play

He wants to play

She wants to play

They want to play



Espero esta de ayuda.



Soy Ingles y estoy inteniendo aprender espanol en Madrid.



Rock on dude!
It s to feel like +verb in gerund :



I feel like eating a sandwich

Do you feel like playing?

He doesn t feel like kissing you
Queen of鈥?#039;s answer is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment