Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can you help me translate a sound clip from Spanish to English?

I am a student making a documentary about Spanish speaking immigrants. I had a friend help me with some of the translation, but we had trouble with this sound clip i have posted on my website: http://www.wam.umd.edu/~bwolff/translate.htm



Please help me by translating it to English.



Thanks so much!



PS- If you can give me a good translation I can give you a credit in the film!Can you help me translate a sound clip from Spanish to English?
How will you know if the translation is good?? Anyway, here it is. By the way, this soundclip warmed my heart. It's of a simple working woman who is so grateful for the opportunities she has had in our country.



All谩 tengo a mi familia, son mis ra铆ces,

y aqu铆 pues, uno no le hace da帽o a nadie鈥ambi茅n.

Pero siempre extra帽a a su pa铆s uno, siempre extra帽a a su familia鈥铆

Pero aqu铆 yo tengo MUCHO que agradecer,

porque sin este pa铆s no hubiera sacado a mi familia adelante鈥铆.



I have my family over there, that鈥檚 where my roots are

and here, well, we鈥檙e not harming anyone... also.

But one always misses their homeland, always misses their family鈥?yes

But here I have MUCH to be thankful for,

because without this country I would not have gotten my family ahead鈥?yes.Can you help me translate a sound clip from Spanish to English?
Sound clip:



"All谩 tengo a mi familia, son mis ra铆ces. Y aqu铆 pues, uno no le hace da帽o a nadie. Tambi茅n, pero siempre extra帽a a su pa铆s. Siempre extra帽a (uno a) s煤 familia. S铆, pero aqu铆 yo tengo mucho que agradecer. Porque sin este pa铆s no hubiera sacado a mi familia adelante."



Translation:



My family is over there, (back home) they are my backround (my blood, my heritage). But living here, we've never bothered anybody (we don't cause any disturbances). Well yeah, I (one misses) miss my home country (my natives). We miss (one misses) our family. Yeah, but I am very thankful (to be living here). Because without this country, my family would have never made it (moved forward, aquired success, survived).



Hope this helps.

-Daniel Robles

No comments:

Post a Comment