Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Is there a website to help me translate my English wedding invitations into spanish?

I have both English only %26amp; Spanish only speaking guests. I would like to accommodate my Spanish readers with the correct wording on my wedding invitations,Is there a website to help me translate my English wedding invitations into spanish?
I wouldent trust the translation sites for something like that. ask someone you know who's fluently bilingual. or post here. i'm almost fluent, know many native speakers, and would be glad to help you. email me if you want.
www.freetranslation.com



Easy website, type everything in and it will translate it for you.



I have taken Spanish classes for a while too. If she is not fluent and does not know someone who can speak english and spanish, then a website is probably her best bet. I have found that, that website is one of the better ones, that's why I put that one.Is there a website to help me translate my English wedding invitations into spanish?
Honestly, no.



I've learned from taking spanish classes in college that these online translators will NOT help you. In fact, often times, they won't make any sense because there is never a direct way of translating between the two languages.



Your best option would be to find a friend who is fluent in both English and Spanish (if you don't have one, you can hire someone), and have them translate for you.



Good luck!Is there a website to help me translate my English wedding invitations into spanish?
Avoid mistakes and possibly embarrassing mistranslation.

Dont use a website.

Go to a local university, and track down the spanish lecturer. This person will probably be both a natvie spanish speaker, and is extensively studied in classical grammar, so you couldnt have a better translator. Ask them to translate it for you. It will take them three minutes, and it will be accurate. They will also tell you if things dont translate properly and find an alternative that will convey what you are trying to say.



Then I would take the translation to another native spanish speaker, and ask them to read it to you (without seeing the english version) to double check that it says exactly what you want. That way you can be sure your guests will get every word of your invitations properly.



Good luck :)
Online translators do NOT do a good job. It will be a disaster if you use them to translate your invitation.

Find a professional, or someone that you know that speaks both English %26amp; Spanish fluently to translate them for you.
Honestly, do not trust an online translator.

You need a native Spanish speaker to do this for you - surely you can find someone totally fluent who can help you out.

We had bilingual invitations, too, but in Ukrainian and English. It was a little bit harder since it meant working with another alphabet, but they turned out totally fine.

Just a note to tell you what we did - out invitations were a four fold one - imagine a piece of paper folded in half, then folded in half again. This was needed to accommodate having both languages on the inside - on the inside left was the Ukrainian, inside right was the English. On the front was some flowers and just our first names.

---
Try the following source

No comments:

Post a Comment