Thursday, February 9, 2012

Program to translate Spanish and English so two people could talk to each other on the same computer?

I'm just wondering if this exists. Instead of trying to understand each other when trying to talk, which I have to do in my business, it would be great to just type to each other on my laptop. This would have to be done without access to the internet.Program to translate Spanish and English so two people could talk to each other on the same computer?
Systran, the company behind the "Babelfish" translation for AltaVista, make a "SYSTRAN Personal" product that can be used for translating simple Web pages or text that is cut and paste within the clipboard.



I purchased a copy, with the intention of creating a mIRC add-in to allow a person to join channels where others use different languages and choose their source and destination language; I never finished the project, but it would have been interesting to see the results as these "translation engines" aren't perfect by any means.



I've included a link to the SYSTRAN product below.Program to translate Spanish and English so two people could talk to each other on the same computer?
there's a commercial program called L%26amp;H power translator pro. I use it to help practice french, but it has a lot of other languages. There's also strangely a power translator pro for spanish, by a diff company.



Gotta be careful though some might translate only spain spanish or just wont accept slang.





IN the first software you just click ctrl+d to translate and can have two windows open for span-%26gt;eng and vice versa. I hear it is available in emule, but probably illegally ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment